In which I blog about my miniature wargaming and whatever else takes my interest!

In which I blog about my miniature wargaming and whatever else takes my interest!

Saturday, November 19, 2011

More Fallschirmjaegers (but not for me!)

Peter Pig MG42 teams moving
Here's what I've been working on this fall. I finally got these fellows done for a very patient friend. He only gave them to me about this time last year and they've been slowly making their way up the queue. (Of course a lot of people gave me commissions last fall/winter/spring.) The group is the finishing bits he needs to complete his 15mm WW2 German FJ battalion. Mortar platoon, MMG platoon, pioneers and enough riflemen and LMG teams to finish his rifle platoons off.
Mostly PP riflemen with auto rifles
The figures were mostly Peter Pig and a few Old Glory. 
Pioneers w/mines on the left and flamethrower on the right
My friend wanted a hodgepodge look, so I used colours for the smocks and pants suitable for both Italy and NW Europe (tan, camo beige and field grey). A few grey and desert tan helmets as well were mixed in with the camouflaged. The camo on all smocks was Vallejo 'Reflective Green' and 'Camo Brown' from their Flames of War "German" paint set.
Peter Pig LMG teams
I had hoped to fit a platoon's worth of my own FJ into the batch, but 80+ figures was enough to work on! And since my BOTC set me behind in painting this fall I didn't want to hold things up anymore than I had too.

Next up:

2 comments: